Knee pain is a common ailment that affects people of all ages. Whether it's from a personal injury or caused by arthritis, you don't have to suffer in silence. Chiropractic care offers various non-invasive treatment options for knee pain, and the sooner you seek help, the better! At Allied Health and Rehab, serving Quincy and Tallahassee, we provide chiropractic care for knee joint pain treatment. Our qualified chiropractor first conducts an assessment to know what's causing your pain and then formulates a customized treatment plan.
What Causes Knee Pain?
There can be many causes of knee pain, some of which are:
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most typical type of arthritis, affecting millions of Americans. It's caused by the wearing out of the protective cartilage located at the end of your bones. This can cause joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Injury: A sudden, traumatic injury can cause knee pain. This could include a fall, car accident, or sports injury.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is bursa inflammation, a small sac of fluid that cushions and lubricates your joints. It can cause swelling and pain in the joint.
- Tendonitis: Tendonitis is a tendon inflammation, which connects muscles to bones. It can cause pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joint.
How Do You Identify Knee Pain?
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, or even something more subtle, make an appointment with our doctor immediately. These might be signs of a more serious condition that needs to be treated right away.
- Intermittent pain or throbbing in the knee joint
- Swelling of the knee area
- Difficulty bending or straightening your leg
- Stiffness in your knee after resting it for a while, especially after getting up from a seated position
- Difficulty walking or climbing stairs
- Tenderness in your knee when touched
- A popping, crunching, or other strange noise from your knee while moving it
How Does Chiropractic Care Help with Knee Pain?
Chiropractic care is used to treat knee pain with a combination of spinal adjustments and various other treatments. Chiropractic manipulation can restore range of motion, balance, flexibility, and strength in the joints by moving them in their natural direction. This treatment reduces pressure on your cartilage and lubricates all of your joints, which can help to reduce pain. Regular exercise is also key for reducing knee pain, plus an increase in physical activity will help you lose weight and improve your overall health. Our chiropractor will give you a customized workout designed to suit your needs.
Visit Allied Health and Rehab for Knee Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor
If you are suffering from knee pain, don't hesitate to seek help from Allied Health and Rehab. We provide professional chiropractic care for knee pain and can formulate a treatment plan for natural relief. We serve the residents of Quincy and Tallahassee. Call (850) 328-0424 for our Tallahassee location or (850) 662-1540 for our Quincy office to book your appointment with our chiropractor.