Allied Health and Rehab in Quincy, FL, and Tallahassee, FL, offers services to help relieve joint pain from an injury. Joint pain commonly occurs due to car accidents or other injuries. Our chiropractors at Allied Health and Rehab are highly trained in treating patients who have experienced a personal injury.
Typical Causes of Joint Pain
The most common cause of joint pain is a result of an injury. However, there are a variety of other reasons a person may experience joint pain:
- Arthritis – this disease causes damage to the joints over time and leads to loss of movement
- Bone Infections – infections from fractures or surgery
- Chronic Diseases – such as diabetes, which causes swelling and pain in the joints
- Gout – increasing uric acid levels form crystals in joints and cause inflammation
- Lupus – a disease that inflames the joints in a person's body
- Osteoporosis – this condition weakens bones and causes them to become brittle and break easier, especially in the hip or wrist
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – the immune system attacks the nervous system and joints, causing severe pain
Injuries resulting from a car accident can lead to muscle spasms or joint pain. Allied Health and Rehab offers treatment for patients who have experienced an injury resulting from a motor vehicle accident. Straining a joint often occurs from a fall or from lifting something improperly. Twisting a joint commonly occurs from repetitive motion or sports.
Joint Pain Treatment
Treatments include spinal manipulation, physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, water therapy, nutritional counseling, and more. A soft tissue technique can be used to apply pressure around the joints by targeting trigger points to release spasms. This technique decreases pain, improves range of motion, restores normal function to the joints, and reduces swelling after an injury.
Joint Pain Prevention
Keeping a healthy diet full of nutrients and vitamins, staying hydrated by drinking water, getting plenty of sleep every night (7-9 hours), and staying active are common ways to avoid joint pain. Working out is another way to keep your joints limber. Joints that are loose and flexible will not receive as much damage from falls or unnatural twists and movements. Exercising before you have an injury is what most doctors recommend to their patients.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Personal Injury Treatment in Quincy and Tallahassee
Allied Health and Rehab in Quincy, FL, and Tallahassee, FL, is home to chiropractors specializing in helping patients heal after an injury. Call us at 850-328-0424 to learn how chiropractic care can help you manage joint pain.