DOT Physicals in Tallahassee and Qunicy
If you operate any sort of commercial vehicle for a living, there's an excellent chance that you're required to get regular DOT, or Department of Transportation, physicals. In most cases, a DOT physical is required every two years in order to keep your commercial driver's license (CDL) current. If you have an existing health condition, such as high blood pressure, you may be required to get a DOT physical more frequently.
Many CDL operators don't realize it, but you don't need to find a niche specialist or wait in long lines at a clinic advertising DOT physicals. Any medical examiner who is listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry is qualified to conduct a DOT physical. At Allied Health & Rehabilitation in Florida, we're proud to offer this service to all of our commercial vehicle operators in the Tallahassee and Quincy areas.
What Does a DOT Physical Entail?
The main objective of a DOT physical is to determine that you are physically qualified to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle. During your exam, our resident chiropractor, Dr. Martine Charles, along with one of our highly-trained and professional team members, will conduct several tests and inspections to assess your overall health. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
- Checking your blood pressure
- Listening to the heart and lungs (This data, combined with your blood pressure reading, can give our chiropractor an accurate picture of your cardiovascular health.)
- Performing a vision test (The DOT requires that drivers have a minimum of 20/40 vision, with or without the use of corrective glasses or contact lenses.)
- Performing a hearing test (Under DOT requirements, commercial vehicle drivers must be able to hear a "forced whisper" from a distance of five feet away in one ear without a hearing aid.)
- Conducting urinalysis (Gets analyzed for the purposes of detecting any underlying medical conditions, as well as drug testing. The DOT specifically screens urinalysis samples for marijuana, THC, amphetamines, cocaine, opioids, and PCP.)
Scheduling Your DOT Physical at Allied Health & Rehabilitation
You should plan for approximately 30 minutes to one hour for your DOT physical. We kindly request that if you have a pre-existing medical condition, you bring any relevant documentation.
Drivers: We will provide all the forms you need at the time of your appointment. However, to speed up the process, please visit the link below:
Download the DOT form and complete info prior to coming to office.
Call us at 850-328-0424 or 850-662-1540 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at either our Tallahassee or Quincy location. Allied Health & Rehabilitation also provides a number of services beyond DOT physicals, including occupational health services, alcohol testing, and non DOT chiropractic care, such as cryotherapy, myofascial release, and personal injury care. Thank you for considering us, and we can't wait to serve you!