Chiropractic Care for Back Pain at Allied Health and Rehab
The back is a complex structure that consists of nerves, tendons, muscles, and bones. The slightest misalignment can cause a chain reaction that leads to back pain or discomfort. Unfortunately, back pain is a common condition that everyone is likely to experience at some point in their lives. Luckily, chiropractic care can help. At Allied Health and Rehab in Quincy and Tallahassee, we use chiropractic techniques to naturally realign the musculoskeletal system and improve the back’s strength and flexibility to prevent these issues from reoccurring.
Causes of Back Pain
There are a wide range of conditions that cause back pain. However, the most common causes we see at our offices include:
If you suffer from certain medical conditions, back pain is likely to occur. These conditions include:
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the vertebrae column presses the spinal nerves, causing back pain.
- Sciatica: If your sciatic nerve is pinched or irritated, you will likely develop pain that radiates from the lower back to the legs through the buttocks.
- Osteoarthritis: This inflammatory disease causes the cartilage of the discs to wear out, causing joint pain and stiffness.
- Herniated disc: Age, trauma, and other risk factors may cause the discs to bulge or rupture, causing back pain.
- Osteoporosis: This condition causes the bones to become fragile, leading to breakages. While osteoporosis is common in hips and wrists, it can occur in your back.
Your back muscles are likely to suffer injuries from auto accidents, sports, falls, and slips. We often see patients suffering from back pain due to work-related activities.
In our everyday life, little things we do can wreak havoc in our bodies. Common activities that can easily cause back pain include:
- Sleeping in an awkward position
- Lifting weights
- Sitting or driving for extended periods
- Repetitive motions when walking or exercising
How Our Chiropractor Treats Back Pain
Whether you are suffering from acute or chronic back pain, our chiropractor can help. Our team will work with you to assess the root cause of your back pain and put you on the right path towards natural recovery. Based on the cause and severity of your back pain, our chiropractor will create a treatment plan personalized to your needs.
We often use spinal adjustments to realign a patient’s back muscles, lifting pressure off the nerves. This treatment can also release tension in tight muscles, reducing pain and inflammation. We also provide lifestyle counseling to help you adopt healthy habits like proper lifting and correct posture when sleeping and sitting. Other back pain treatments include corrective exercises, nutritional counseling, and more.
Contact Us for Back Pain Treatment in Quincy or Tallahassee
If you are suffering from back pain or any other type of personal injury in Quincy or Tallahassee, schedule an appointment with Allied Health and Rehab. Our chiropractor can help you live a pain-free life. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you on your wellness journey.